A Special Resident Retiree’s Visa (SRRV) is a special non-immigrant visa that allows the holder to reside in the Philippines indefinitely, giving him multiple entry privileges as long as the minimum deposit investment requirements are met in the country. The Bureau of Immigration awards the SRRV after an endorsement from the Philippine Retirement Authority (PRA).
- The Special Resident Retiree’s Visa Smile is a visa for active retirees who choose to maintain their SRR visa deposit of US$20,000.00 in any accredited bank of the Philippine Retirement Authority (PRA).
- The Special Resident Retiree’s Visa Classic is for active retirees who want to use their SRR visa deposit into an active investment like the acquisition of a condo unit or long-term lease of a house and lot.
- The SRR visa deposit requirements are as follows:
- *50 years old & above: US$ 10,000.00 (with a pension)**
- US$ 20,000.00 (without pension)
*The value of the property must at least be US$50,000.00
**Required pension of at least US$ 800 for singles / US$1,000 for couples
SRRV Human Touch
- The Special Resident Retiree’s Visa Human Touch is for retirees aged 50 years and above who require medical care. Qualifications include a monthly pension of at least US$1,500.00, an SRR visa deposit of US$10,000.00, and a health insurance policy accepted in the Philippines.
- The Special Resident Retiree’s Visa Courtesy is for former Filipinos and foreign nationals aged 50 years and above. For foreigners, they should be retired officers of International Organizations recognized by the Department of Foreign Affairs (DFA). Holders are required to have an SRR deposit of US$1,500.00.
SRRV Expanded Courtesy
- The Special Resident Retiree’s Visa Expanded Courtesy is for foreign nationals aged 50 years and above who are retired Armed Force officers of foreign countries with an ongoing military commitment to the Philippine government. Requirements include a monthly pension of at least US$1,000.00 plus an SRR visa deposit of US$1,500.00, including the applicant and two (2) dependents. Each dependent will require an additional SRR visa deposit of US$15,000.00 each except for former Filipinos. Children should be legitimate or legally adopted by the retiree, are unmarried, and below 21 years old upon the date of joining.
1. Special Resident Retiree’s Visa (SRRV) Dependent Spouse Applicant
- All requirements mentioned for the principal applicant, from 1-6.
- Marriage Certificate or in its absence, submit any of the following documents:
- For Koreans & Japanese – Family Register / Domicile
- For Taiwanese – Household Register
- For P.R.O.C. Chinese – Certificate of Relationship
- For Japanese – Koseki Tohon
2. Special Resident Retiree’s Visa (SRRV) Dependent Children Applicants
- All requirements mentioned above, from 1-6 (except for 3 and 5, which are only for dependents aged 18 to 20 years of age)
- Birth Certificate or, in its absence, submit any of the documents mentioned in 1b.
Some people confuse SIRV with SRRV. Both are visas issued to foreigners that allow them multiple entries in the Philippines and to stay in the country indefinitely.
Special Investor’s Resident Visa (SIRV) is a special non-immigrant visa that enables its holder to reside in the Philippines indefinitely and have multiple-entry privileges, as long as the individual meets the requirements in terms of investments and qualifications.
Although seemingly similar to SIRV, only foreign nationals aged 35 and above may qualify for the SRRV. The SRRV requires a local bank deposit of US$50,000 to US$75,000 with zero ROI and very low-interest rate earnings. On the other hand, SIRV allows foreigners to convert their time deposit in the local bank into an investment. Most applicants prefer a Special Investor’s Resident visa to a Special Resident Retiree’s Visa.
How do I get a Special Retiree’s Resident Visa (SRRV)?
The process of securing a Special Retiree’s Resident Visa can be simplified by calling professionals for help.
Triple i Consulting is the first ISO 9001:2008 firm to offer company and business registration services in the Philippines. With a team of experts who are knowledgeable in acquiring SIRVs, the ISO-certified company provides help in accounting, business registration, environmental consulting, FDA consulting, visas, and more.
Contact us here, fill out the form below, call us at +63 (02) 8540-9623, or email us at email@example.com to book an initial consultation with one of our business registration experts.