Visas in the Philippines

Embark on your Philippines journey effortlessly with these diverse visa options tailored to your needs. Whether you're eager to explore, work, or experience the vibrant culture, our streamlined visa process and expert guidance ensure you navigate the Immigration Act seamlessly. Your Philippine adventure begins here – explore these visas and make your aspirations a reality.
Home » Visas

Types of Visas in the Philippines

The Philippines offers a range of visas under the Immigration Act for foreign nationals wishing to visit or work in the country. Understanding the different types of visas available and their specific requirements is essential to ensure a smooth application process and avoid violating immigration laws.

Tourist Visa Renewal

The short-term tourist visa allows most nationalities to stay in the Philippines for up to 21 days. It is ideal for individuals visiting the country for tourism purposes. However, it is essential to note that a tourist visa holder cannot engage in continuing business activities in the Philippines. Infringing this regulation may violate Philippine Immigration Law, subjecting the visa holder to its rules. We are able to handle processing tourist visa extensions.

9(g) Work Visa

The Philippines Immigration Act provides for several types of employment or working visas, depending on the nature of the business. The 9(g) Work Visa is open to citizens of most countries and allows the holder to work as a non-immigrant within six months from the date of admission. This visa is typically applied for in conjunction with a Special Work Permit, which visiting athletes and musicians can also avail themselves of.

9(d) Treaty Trader Visa

This visa is granted to individuals who are nationals of countries with which the Philippines has signed an agreement for the admission of treaty traders or investors. Currently, this visa is only available to citizens of the United States, Germany, and Japan.

Alien Employment Permit

Issued by the Department of Labor and Employment (DOLE), the Alien Employment Permit (AEP) authorizes a foreign national to work in the Philippines. This permit is typically granted to foreign nationals who have been long-time working residents in the country.

Special Investor's Resident Visa

The Special Investor’s Resident Visa (SIRV) is a visa that allows the holder to stay indefinitely in the Philippines, provided that they have made a set investment in the country. This visa is ideal for foreign nationals wishing to invest in the Philippines and enjoy residency status.

Special Resident Retiree's Visa

Retirees who wish to stay permanently in the Philippines and enjoy multiple-entry privileges can avail themselves of the Special Resident Retiree’s Visa (SRRV). The investment required for this visa varies depending on the retiree’s age.

PEZA Visa (formerly 47(a)(2) Special Non-Immigrant Visa)

This visa is issued to foreign investors registered under companies qualified with the Board of Investments (BOI), Philippine Economic Zone Authority (PEZA), or the Department of Justice (DOJ). The Secretary of Justice issues this visa based on public interest or public policy considerations.

Get Help With Your Visa in the Philippines

Triple i Consulting ( can assist in procuring or extending any type of visa for interested parties. Our team’s familiarity with the procedures and requirements of the Bureau of Immigration, Department of Labor and Employment, and Philippine Retirement Authority ensures that we can minimize processing and waiting times in visa applications. Trust Triple i to assist you in navigating the Philippine immigration process with ease and confidence.

Get started on your Philippine visa by booking a free initial consultation. Reach out to us through one of the following channels:

Contact Us For Assistance

First Name (required)

Last Name (required)

Your Email (required)

Phone (Enter Your Phone Number if You'd Like Us to Call You)

Your Message