The Subic Special Economic and Freeport Zone, or Subic Bay/Subic for short, is a special economic zone and freeport area which covers part of Olongapo city, the town of Subic in Zambales, and the towns of Morong and Hermosa in Bataan. The developed area is the Subic Bay Freeport Zone (SBFZ).
The Subic Bay Metropolitan Authority (SBMA) is the government agency in charge of developing the Subic Bay Freeport (SBF) area into a commercial, financial, industrial, investment and tourism center to create work opportunities for local citizens. SBF used to be the US Naval facility. SBMA is operating under the Bases Conversion and Development Authority (BCDA). BCDA was created under Republic Act No. 727, or the Bases Conversion Act of 1992. The law boosted the development of former military base lands and promoted the economic development of Central Luzon through SBMA.
SBMA offers fiscal and non-fiscal incentives to specific businesses to encourage enterprises to invest more in their industries, fund sectors, or make decisions that will benefit the environment.
- Exemptions from all local and national taxes with only a five percent (5%) final tax on gross income earned for manufacturing, infrastructure, and development and service of products with seventy percent (70%) export rate
- Tax and duty-free importation of raw materials, capital, and equipment
- Up to a hundred percent (100%) foreign ownership
- Four to six (4-6) year income tax holiday (ITH) for qualified industries through BOI (Board of Investments)
- SBF businesses may earn income from sources with the Customs Territory for up to thirty percent (30%) of its total income from all sources subject to Customs Territory income tax laws
- Automated import/export procedures
- Renewable visa-free entry for 14 days
- Special Subic-Clark visas available to expatriates
- No foreign exchange control
Get additional savings for your enterprise and improve your company’s growth and development. Register with the country’s investment supporting agencies. Business Registration Philippines helps foreign-owned and locally-owned businesses register for the Philippine government’s tax incentive programs.
Business Registration Philippines is a website dedicated to helping investors, business owners, and other stakeholders establish and incorporate their enterprises. Topics range from Accounting, Finance, Human Resources, Business Process Outsourcing, Product Registration, Taxation, and more. It is a microsite of Triple i Consulting Inc.
With extensive knowledge and skills in the Philippine taxation system, Philippine business registration, and Philippine business incorporation for over 14 years, Triple i is the first ISO 9001:2008 company in the Philippines to offer business registration services to its clients.
Business Registration Philippines, together with Triple i, comprises Philippine business consultant experts who continuously offer professional services for local and foreign investors starting their businesses in the Philippines. We help companies apply for tax breaks and tax incentives from the Philippine government.
Start saving on your corporate taxes by reaching out to us to schedule a free initial consultation with one of our tax incentive professionals: